The musings of Robert Robus

Friday, June 01, 2007

Robert Robus's reflections on having had the privilege of pontificating in the blogosphere for more than a year


Dear Readers,

It has now been more than one annum since first I posted to this the first-rate blog of I, Robert Robus. I started out pontificating about coffee and its relationship with coital exploits; and, as I'm sure readers have noted, it's only been uphill from there. (It must seem amazing to contemporary readers that it be possible to only ascend from the very summit of comedic greatness; but, as I'm certain I have instantiated, in the world of I, Robert Robus, anything is possible.) During my first year with you, I have missed trains; refrained from consuming pies; discussed bears--and other matters whose degree of gravitas is exceeded only by the grave tragedies of Plautus--with my good friend Tartar; and, in sum, pontificated.

And, as I reflect back upon this pahst year, I must say that I, Robert Robus, am great. For who else would bring forth such musings, or be a willing participant in such ridiculous narratives, as I, Robert Robus? I am indeed one of a kind; and, Jove, I swear to you now that, when they made me, they broke the mold. For I am a vaunted cybercomedian who combines all the finest attributes of Englishmen, American gentlemen, and classical men of profound and insidious learning. You know, it's been quite a sojourn thus far; and, although my propensity for churning out first-rate, top-caliber comedic ambrosia has diminished somewhat in recent months, I, Robert Robus, assure you that I, Robert Robus, shall continue in the same vein the content you've come to know and love, as loyal readers of the blog of I.

Please join me, my good friend Tartar Smith, my conspicuously attractive female attendant Ayvana, and others, as we embark on our second glorious year in cyberspace. Thank you, good ladies and sirs, for perusing my blog, and may blessings be upon you; additionally, may the contents of the archives be in future months clogged with more crystalsugar goodness than that of which any Tom, Dick, or Cranston could ever conceive (without the help of such outrageous cybercomedians as I, of course); and may Jove continue to bolster this blog.

Sincerely,
I, Robert Robus