The musings of Robert Robus

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Robert Robus's top ten grossest substances ever ingested

Due to the overwhelming (and, might I add, touching, sniff sniff) reader response to my last entry, another stunning exemplar of the perspicaciously splendiferous Top Ten Lists of I, Robert Robus, is clearly in order. And so, without further ado, voilĂ .

Top ten grossest substances ever ingested by a human or quasi-human being

1. Shoe leather.
2. Mustard-infested frankfurters.
3. The morsel of beef jerky that passed through my large intestine last Thursday.
4. My aunt Bertha's nasal secretions.
5. That pack of flies that entered my oral cavity as I was out riding in my carriage with my facial orifice augmented through means of jawular apertitude last Friday.
6. Dentifrice.
7. Easy Cheese.
8. That foul matter I scraped off the bottom of my earwax-patty-frying skillet last week and, for reasons of economy and panache, did not wish to leave unconsumèd.
9. Those mysterious growths on trees I've been snarfing of late, the which bear a striking resemblance to Nilla Wafers, but, in retrospect, were probably not. (Staggers over to corner, perishes.)
10. The block of limburger cheese which, before having been eaten by Tartar five minutes ago, had not seen refrigeration since 1985.

[NOTE FROM BLOG ADMINISTRATOR]
Extra credit if anyone can answer the question "Who is Monsieur Mangetout?" and propound the nature and species of items he consumed during the course of his illustrious existence.