The musings of Robert Robus

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thoughts on my future bride

What's the good in trying to convince a young woman's family that I am a suitable husband, when the young woman herself shows no interest in me? To be sure, I, Robert Robus, am no stranger to criticizing the legitimacy of others' lack of desire for me (even if I ordinarily do so only in my mind); but I am much too sensible--and much too proud--to push myself on someone who gives every appearance of wanting nothing to do with me.

Nevertheless, I will certainly not give up just yet. Sometimes, dear readers, I happen to know people better than they know themselves; and to a man as clever as I, there is no mistaking the signs.

This young woman wants me; but she will have to be granted time to come to terms with this desire. And I will wait. She will have plenty of time to turn over the possibility in her mind, and uncover the depths of her yearning for the male sex (and me in particular)--the which has been denied by the oppressions and perversions of feminism. I am the only one who can unfreeze her heart; it only takes a little time. I've seen signs of the impending thaw already. She will belong to me--and I to her--if we are given time.